Lucky you! We’re hiring!
We are searching the Commonwealth for dynamic, friendly, problem solving Kentuckians of character to add to our growing team. Come kick ass with us!
Part-Time Retail Associate:
Retail associates rotate between our two Lexington retail locations and even get to work special events and festivals! Retail associates are expected to greet guests, respond to guest questions, animate the sales experience, improve engagement with merchandise, and provide outstanding customer service. Associates also operate cash registers, manage financial transactions, manage product stock, and achieve other established tasks and goals.
*Weekend and evening availability is a must for this position.
Download a job application here and submit via e-mail to email@example.com OR stop by either of our Lexington retail locations to submit a paper application.
Full-Time Product and Procurement Manager:
The product and procurement manager will work closely with Kentucky for Kentucky’s creative team, operations manager, and other staff to ensure Kentucky for Kentucky is supplying the world with the freshest kick ass Kentucky gear!
The product and procurement manager follows the life cycle of products from conceptualization and design to production and reordering. This position’s responsibilities include product conceptualization, design, managing sample production, testing, forecasting, evaluating cost, initiating mass production, product promotion, and product end-of-life. The product manager handles over fifty vendor relationships negotiating pricing and carefully populating purchasing orders to ensure the best value and quality for customers.
- Identify Purchasing Needs – Determine the purchasing needs of the organization. They work with other parts of the organization to forecast demand, evaluate inventory levels, and take orders from within the organization.
- Negotiate with Suppliers – Negotiate directly with vendors to get the best possible pricing and payment options. They also do cost management to identify areas of potential cost reduction and analyze the impact of pricing changes for goods and services.
- Inventory Management – Responsible for the management of inventory for multiple points of sale. They assist in the receipt of purchased materials and services, and keep detailed records of purchases and stocks. They carefully monitor deliveries and any past due shipments.
- Supplier Management – Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance. They conduct routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance.
- Aptitude in Creative Design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Ability to complete and/or generate financial documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Apps, and G-Suite products
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Capacity for problem solving and initiating solutions in all professional contexts
- Demonstrable competence in management of product and/or processes
- Managing inventory levels of all products
- Participating in creative design process
- Carefully shopping for product to match designs through the creative process
- Analyzing products for quality and design details (fit, color, material etc.)
- Ordering product based on inventory analysis
- Ordering office supplies as needed
- Documenting purchases in company forms and financial tracking systems
- Assisting in accepting donation requests and completing required paperwork and communication
- Participating in daily tasks to maintain an orderly and clean work environment